Frequently Asked Questions
- I am having problems downloading an application, what should I do?
Unfortunately this is a common problem, here are some things to look at:
- Connectivity problems (e.g. your WiFi is not working correctly). Try turning off WiFi and downloading the software via the mobile network.
Sometimes the download won't start if you are low on space. Make more
space by going to your home page, settings->applications->manage
there is a problem with the download process and the download icon does
not appear in the notification area at the top of the screen. You can
go to the market application and click on my downloads to stop and
restart the download
- If you try to purchase an application there can be a delay before
the authorization is given or the authorization may be declined. Both
of these conditions prevent the download from starting
- I can not find the paid version of an application, or When I press the buy button I get there are no matches in the android market, what should I do?
You currently can not purchase software if you
are in certain countries outside the US or are using a rooted phone
(this includes the Android
Developers Phone (ADP-G1) which has a black and grey pattern on
the back). I am looking at putting the applications out on an alternate
market for these customers and will send out an email once I do so.
- I am having trouble entering my credit / debit card information into the Google market application, what should I do?
Other customers have reported issues with invalid card numbers,
expiration dates or other information during the purchasing process.
Please contact your carrier (e.g. T-Mobile, Vodafone, etc.) to see if they can help you resolve the
- What should I do if I replace my phone or issue a master reset?
As long as you use the same email account on the phone after the reset,
Google will let you download the application as many times as you want.
- I got charged twice, what should I do?
Some customers get confused about the purchasing process. Once you purchase the application a reservation is placed on your card and Google checkout emails you a receipt. Twenty fours later the charge is actually put through. I have not seen a single valid case of someone being charged twice. If you still believe you were
charged twice please forward us both receipts and we will look into it.
- How do I uninstall an application?
You can uninstall an application in one of two ways
- Go the the home screen click MENU->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, find the application and click uninstall.
- Go the the Google market application, click on my downloads, select the application and click uninstall.
- Where can I find more answers?
You can try Google's Android Market support site http://market.android.com/support